The majestic and eagerly awaited PDF of the book Evil Women Anthology!
Gosh what a wild ride. There were many tears on my end involved such as paper stock not coming in on time, an illustrator not giving up the goods, LOSING MY WALLET… It was hard. BUT IT WAS FUN.
Once again a huge thank you to everyone involved. SURE it has a list of thankyous in the book but I really need to say it again. Thank you to those who submitted (even if you didnt get in! Your response still made me happy!), Thank you to those who reblogged the post around, thank you to my friends who kept me sane, thank you to the mods of FuckyeahCharacterDevelopment for signal boosting… THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
This was the first time ever (ever!) that I’ve done something of this magnitude… it was very daunting. I hope everything is okay in the pdf, I combed through it thrice to make sure people’s names are correct and that there are no errors… If you catch something, please send me an ask or a critique at firstname.lastname@example.org! The more I learn from my mistakes the better; because of this I’m really tempted to make another one! But if I do, I’ll give you a call ;D
Without further ado, here is the link to the pdf!
If it does not work TELL ME. It’s worked on both my computers at home so there shouldn’t be an issue!
and once more THANK YOU!
"bisexuals have straight passing privilege"
did you mean bi erasure ?
having people constantly assume im straight or gay based on who im dating or how I dress isn’t a privilege. it’s degrading and ignorant.
This Bridge Called My Back - Writings by Radical Women of Color
I don’t care what gender studies or queer theory class you’ve taken, you need to read this book, but be warned, it is a rare find and might expensive. It contains several essays by womanists discussing their experience, racism, poverty, how racism pervaded the feminist movement in the early 1980s and most importantly the individual experiences of asian pacific, black, american indian and latina/chicana women. This words you find in this book and the truths that will make your soul sick are imperrative for understanding the history of racism, feminism, systematic oppression and white privilege. These are stories that have, even today, been swept under the rug and out of sight.
You need to read this fucking book.
PDF version downloadable here.
I’ve read it, but adding this to the reading list anyway.
i’m reading this right now and it’s so so so important!!! read it!!!
Shout out to interracial, bisexual, pansexual, genderfluid, and otherwise “gray” or “mixed” people who get to deal with shit from pretty much every angle all while having your identity erased, ignored, or redefined for you whenever another group sees fit. I see you, love you, and want to make things better.
The absence of women in history is man made.
just look at babe ruth’s face tho
i love it
Slurs are violent. They enact violence. They bring up violence. Slurs are used to dehumanize people, against their will.
hot dads for all
MOVES TO JAPAN
god i clicked on the source expecting it to be a joke but it links to the actual site and they have a twitter and everything. i clicked on their about page and here’s the description:
"This is a service where you can rent a middle aged man with skill and experience who is undoubtedly good looking for just 1000 yen per hour!
You can make them go out with you, talk with you, do your errands, put them to work, or just hang out at home with you. How does it sound?”
One of them is a pro baseball player and the other one (the one pictured above) is a stylist. Reservations start at a minimum of 2 hours.
i’m going to cry i’m so tempted to actually do this.
OMFG The site even says “出張レンタルもOK♪（交通費は実費” Meaning that as long as you pay for their travel expenses, etc., they can come overseas too JFC SOMEONE STOP ME FROM—
aRE YOU SAYING I COULD IMPORT A JAPANESE MAN
what a world we live in
literally irl middle aged high school host club this is amazing omfg
I’ll rent six and make them cosplay as Ouran Host Club and we’ll go off on adventures together!
this may be “funny” but it takes one look at the comments to know that many of these people are heavily fetishizing japanese people
which is gross, btw
(if it had said “You can rent a German middle aged man for $10 an hour” then practically noooo one would reblog this. And wtf making them cosplay as Ouran characters that is creepy as hell)
also really $10 an hour? that’s little more than minimum wage.
Jesus fuck, those comments
all of these people are hideous and creepy as fuck stay the fucking fuck away my lord christ almighty you are CREEPS
"I could import them." You know, we used to have a word for importing brown men to do shit for you…
WHAT ABOUT BUYING OH FUCK I NEED THEM IN ME
Also I couldn’t give a shit about the race they are, i like the idea.
And i don’t think they’re forcing anyone.
Economic coercion is a thing, you know.
because fuck john green
- he’s creepy as fuck. he does this weird thing where he fetishizes nerdy girls and shit. and it’s very fucking creepy to characterize young women when you’re, like, 40. and misogynistic. all the girls in the books are supposed to be these cutesy ass bookworm bitches that are lowkey sexy and probably wanna do shit like ride dick to a white-washed blues song. i’m not with it. and there’s nothing wrong with that, but when you look down on other women, or female-identifying people, you’re a piece of shit.
- all of his characters are pretentious as fuck. what fucking teenager with cancer takes a cigarette out and walks around with it in between his lips without smoking it? like, if you’re going to go through this whole spiel about metaphors and shit, you can cancel that, because you literally just paid for… nevermind. nawl. fuck it.
- all his books seem like a damn (500) days of summer, perks of being a wallflower, twilight ass mashup. anyone can predict what the fuck is going to happen by looking at the damn cover. some whiny ass white boy living in a boring world finds a white girl with the Emma Watson haircut reading a book or some shit and she has something unique about her (i don’t know, something that’s wild ableist and insensitive to write in a book, say, cancer), and he falls in love with her, instantly puttin her on a pedestal. they listen to the smiths and scoff at people who play Migos, call themselves misanthropes, run through the city and eat deli sandwiches in the park, then kiss in an alleyway. somewhere in the book, green will trash the girl (maybe she moves, or she dies, or something), and then the boy moves on with wispy eyes and a hard stare with a cigarette tucked behind his ear that he never lights.
- he’s one of those pseudo-intellectual assholes that thinks that people with a certain kind of smarts are better than those who aren’t seen as conventionally smart (conventionally smart meaning the “white” kind of smart: perfectly enunciated words, coiled up, reading a book while pushing a pair of glasses up their nose, and containing a lot of angst about the world around them because everyone is “devolving into an idiot”)
- plus, he’s just a ugly nerdass and i don’t care for him or any of his damn work to be on my dashboard. go read something better. fuck that christmas lights in your bedroom ass nigga.